Day 212: Because I Might As Well Take The R Train [Top 5 Top 5 Sunday]
Another weekend comes and the N train is fucking broken again. Big surprises. This time, instead of slingshotting in the wrong direction first, I’m just gonna take the 12 minute hike to the R train. At least this way, I have a one-seat ride to work. Also, as a bonus, I saw a dude peeing on the tracks and I get to wait a whole 11 minutes for the train! Swell! So while I wait for the R[are] train, here’s some damn lists!
5) Best Local Trains
5) R – Because it beats riding the N slingshot
4) 6 – Because it has a monopoly on the East Side
3) F – Because it’s reliable-ish
2) W – Because I actually use it
1) C – Because everyone hates it
You will never be able to change my mind. The C is the best train exclusively because everyone avoids it like the plague. You can stretch out, do your thing, be yourself. Some of the best commutes I ever had were on the C train. Sometimes, there’s benefits to being contrarian.
4) Top 5 Pack Pulls From MLB The Show 21
5) Francisco Lindor
4) Bruce Hooper
3) Jose Ramirez
2) 2016 Josh Donaldson
1) Francisco Lindor
That’s right. I got Francisco Lindor twice. I sold the second one for Seager and Griffey. Now my team is already intimidating to the point that people might quit before they realize that I totally suck!
3) Top 5 Cheeseburger Toppings
1) Mushrooms & Swiss
It’s such a typical move to put egg on the list. Everybody talks about how good egg is on a burger, yet I never see anybody do it. It’s hardly even on menus anymore.
2) Top 5 Moments From The Dodgers–Padres Series So Far
5) Justin Turner’s 9th inning donger
4) The benches clearing in extra innings
3) David Price getting a sac RBI off of Jake Cronenworth, fielded by Joe Musgrove
2) Seager’s go ahead shot in the 12th
1) Mookie’s walkoff 5-Star catch
The last two nights have been separate works of art. On Friday, you had your offensive-heavy 5 hour roller coaster. Last night, you had an old-fashioned pitchers duel. I don’t know how they’re going to top it with today’s sequel. And, you know, the other 16+ games they do later this year. Baseball is the best.
1) Top 5 New Pictures In My Camera Roll
Obviously, number one was going to be baseball related. What else is there to think about 24/7? Wrestling? Work? The dog puking on the train I front of me, decidedly ruining a woman’s purse? Blasphemy!
Have a ground rule double of a week, everyone!