Day 114: Because This Week Felt Like Three [Top 5 Top 5 Sunday]
Well that was a whirlwind. I know I’m not the only one that’s exhausted after this week. We’ve gone through a full gauntlet of emotions. We felt love, anger, fear, humility and laughed our asses off in the span of 24 hours. We deserve a medal and a sandwich named after us. Unfortunately, I can’t offer that. But I can write a bunch of lists. That’ll have to do. For now.
5) Top 5 Most Satisfying Cracks
I’m told that back cracks are superior to all. Rachel does them all the time. She lives for back cracks. Never seen her happier than when she gets that pop. But for the life of me, I just can’t get it to happen.
4) Top 5 Objects That You Always Underestimate The Weight Of When Moving
5) VHS Tapes
4) Clothes, in large quantities
3) Baseball cards, in large quantities
I like reading hardcover books. It just feels more genuine. And if the price isn’t ridiculous, why would you ever want a paperback? This is a question I ask myself whenever I’m not currently in the process of moving. I now regret my fancy choices. Nay, I’m going to force the movers to regret my fancy choices.
3) Top 5 Matches Of The Week
5) Raquel Gonzalez vs Rhea Ripley – Last Woman Standing – NXT New Years Evil
4) Keith Lee vs Drew McIntyre – WWE Championship – Raw
3) Finn Balor vs Kyle O’Reilly – NXT Championship – NXT New Years Evil
2) Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix – AEW Championship – AEW New Years Smash
1) Kota Ibushi vs Jay White – IWGP World/Intercontinental Championships – NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 Day 2
I don’t know what’s more messed up: the fact that I watched that much wrestling this week or that there were matches that I was legitimately upset that I had to leave out. On top of that, I still haven’t finished watching Wrestle Kingdom, which has even more bangers. Between New Japan, AEW and WWE, all of their shows had a standout match. As far as match quality goes, it could very well had been the best week in wrestling history. That’s not at all an exaggeration.
2) Top 5 Positive Things That Happened This Week
5) New York is moving to the next phase of vaccine distribution. Even if it doesn’t include me when it should, progress is cool.
4) Will wasn’t totally mean to me all week.
3) The election was finally confirmed
2) The Mets are becoming a juggernaut
1) Chester Cheetah got his megaphone taken away
I know it’s been a bad week. There’s a lot of hatred and uncertainty in the world. We’ve all experienced a full range of emotions. But just remember that it wasn’t all gloom and malaise. Some things happened that planted the seeds for a better future. We just have…a whole lot of stuff to iron out.
Top 5 New Pictures In My Camera Roll
Number 5 is actually an old picture. But I came across it again and had to recapture it. It’s gotten me through some rough times.
Have a recycled week, everyone!